G'day Tina

I'm using the built in mic.

However, even a usb mic won't drive the bars very high unless I talk about an
inch away from the mic, and even then, quite loudly.

I've trashed the Audio preferences, to no avail. I've lodged a hardware bug
report to Apple.

Line-in mics need a hi-gain mic such as the Belkin iMic, which I'm reluctant to
buy unless I  can figure out why the input is so low.

Anyone have a new iMac that's showing low input levels?

Regards

Santa