> On 18 Dec 2010, at 03:59, Laura <drew.la...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I want to give it to someone else but it does not have any wireless
> > and I feel most people will want wireless.

- will they? If someone was giving me one of these gorgeous iconic
bits of design, I think I would be quite happy plugging in to a
router!

> > What is an expensive way to get this puppy online.

I presume you mean Inexpensive :}

I have a couple of USB wireless dongles that seemed to work fine in my
G3 iMacs, in that when plugged in OSX would find them and then find
local networks in my area. As I didn't have the password for any of
these networks, I was unable to see how well they surfed! That was
with USB1, I don't know if performance would be any better using a
USB2 iMac. The flat panel G4 iMacs went USB2 at the 1GHz (15" model)
mark.
I use one of these all the time as my main online machine, normally
connecting others by firewire when I need to have another machine on
the net.
I got my dongles on car boot sales, so only paid a couple of £'s for
them.  There seem to be plenty available out there for sale, some of
them explicitly stating Mac compatibility.
HTH.Dan