On Mar 9, 2011, at 4:52 PM, J. R. Rosen wrote:

> So does this mean that you can run Classic on an Intel iMac?  Is that what
> I'm understanding here?  Are you kidding?

If you are trying to run classic applications on an Intel Mac, why bother with
emulating a PC emulating a Mac emulating OS 9? I use SheepShaver to directly
emulate a computer running OS 9.2.2 on my Intel iMac. I don't use it too much
because I have an actual PowerBook G3 to run older software, but it seems to
work well and can even run in fullscreen 1680x1050 as long as I keep it at 256
colors or lower (I'm not sure why, but there are some strange screen artifacts
if I run it at 1680x1050 and millions of colors, it will run millions of colors
fine at lower resolution or in windowed mode). SheepShaver is free, so if you
want to run Classic on an Intel Mac you should definitely check it out.

Steven