On Nov 8, 2011, at 6:48 AM, Mark Sokolovsky wrote:

I actually forgot about this.

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 9:38 AM, Bruce Johnson <john...@pharmacy.arizona.edu> wrote:

On Nov 6, 2011, at 8:31 PM, Mark Sokolovsky wrote:

I am rather to question as to why modems were placed on any machines after 2003 at all. It's not like we are still dealing with dial-up anymore, are we?

Aside from all the folks without access to broadband, there's this quaint form of paper/electronic hybrid communications called 'faxes' :-)

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona

The FAX is usually a more accurate method for my invoicing because everyone in the worldwide industry I belong to has to have FAX capabilities. Some use a paperless computer system but most still have the original machines plus most of the time a paper FAX is read as it falls on the floor. It's an annoying sheet starring at the payable officer on the desk where as an email is easily and conveniently set aside with all the usual excuses like "the computer system was down on the day we cut checks) :-) I have a record that the FAX was received but no way of knowing the the email got there.

JOHN CARMONNE
Yorba Linda CA
92886 USA
From TiBook 867