On Dec 16, 1:12 pm, Bruce Johnson <john...@pharmacy.arizona.edu>
wrote:
> A triple today...
>
> 1) Found at MS's support website. This was accessed with Safari, unmodified.
> [Read it in your best Darth Vader impression]:
>
> "I find your lack of competence...disturbing"
> <http://dbdev2.pharmacy.arizona.edu/miscjunk/competence_not.png>
>
> 2) Why is the Office updater so amazingly stupid? You run it, it finds a big
> office update, installs it and then tells you there are no more updates. So
> you reboot and  run it again and magically it finds one newer update. Rinse
> and Repeat.
>
> 2a) And hasn't Microsoft ever heard of 'combo updates'?
>
> 3) Who in their right mind uses such a gargantuan kludge like Outlook anyway?
>
> (As you may have guessed, someone came in today "Outlook just crashes
> whenever I try to start it. All my email, addresses, calendar and todo lists
> are in that app!"
>
> [headdesk] "See, here's all your eggs. Now I take this rickety basket with
> holes in the bottom and put them all in it. Now I dangle it thirty feet above
> above a busy freeway...."
>
> Amazingly this time it wasn't a database gone foo...it was the whole thing.
> And since you cannot re-apply Office updates, you have to delete all of
> office...by hand because $@#!$%@ Microsoft got rid of the 'get rid of Office'
> tool..and re-install from the ground up.)

Contrary to popular belief, Windows users are usually more computer
clueless than Mac users. FWIW, everything I know about computers and
software (including PCs and Windows) I learned AFTER I switched to
Macs, not too many years ago. So now, even though what I know is not
really much, I'm my friends' IT guy --they ALL live in the Castle
Arrrrrgggghhhh...

HTH,

Felix