See below.

On Jan 24, 2012, at 4:47 AM, Paul Brown wrote:

> I've just bought a similar iMac, which is G3 Blueberry 350Mhz slot loading. I
> found out it would need an adaptor to install an Airport card and that nearly
> all sellers of these on eBay were in Hong Kong or elsewhere in China, so it
> would take some time to arrive. There's also the option of a USB WiFi
> adaptor, but again nearly all sellers were in Hong Kong, or elsewhere in
> China. It wouldn't even recongise a USB 3G dongle modem.

A good place for parts is the LEM Swap list.  I was able to get the airport
card and adapter there for a reasonable price.

> I bought an Ethernet cable from a hardware store, after checking it was the
> right type of Ethernet cable and connected to an Ethernet port on my WiFi
> router. It currently has 192Mb of RAM and can be upgraded to 1Gb. How much
> RAM should I have to run OS X without the big delays you mention?

I have 3 of these old slot loading iMacs, one with 1GB Ram, 768MB Ram, and
512MB Ram.  All are currently running OS 10.4.  None of them are "zippy".  The
512MB one really bogs down when more than one app is open at a time.  The 768MB
and 1GB do seem to be able to handle multiple open apps at the same time, but
again be prepared to be patient.

> If I upgrade the RAM how to I make sure both RAM cards are recognised? My two
> current RAM cards are 64Mb and 128Mb and one of them has slower RAM than the
> other, but I read somewhere to get two RAM cards of the same type to make
> sure they both work.

I don't think any of my Ram cards are matched pairs and I don't have any
problems.  I think as long as the are PC100 or PC133 cards you should be ok,
but I'll let others address that more specifically.