On Mar 14, 2012, at 9:35 PM, Nathan Templeton wrote:

> G'day, to you as well.
>
> I have to concur with what some of the listers have said. Shotty (cheap)
> media can really put the stops on your day when it comes to burning. I know
> there are na-sayers out there that will try to tell it different. But I know
> when I picked up a brick of dvd-r's from the local huge conglom store they
> weren't worth more than colorful coasters. I have had the best luck with Sony
> and from some reason those from newegg. No, I do not work for them, just buy
> quite a bit from them.
> Anyway, your luck may vary.
>
> Regards,
>
> Nathan
I have also fought the media battle with Toast, rippers and various disc's.
Once you go through all the variables it comes down to media and burners. Toast
and the rippers never vary. I have the best burns consistent with Phillips
disc's. I gave up on DL's because I have no more surfaces to cover with
coasters. I burn all DVD's compressed to single layer unless they're are for my
use only. I'm tired of hearing the the thing glitches and quits in the middle
of the DVD, DL's don't do well on movies but do work with data only burns, Just
my 2 cents:-)

John Carmonne
Yorba Linda CA
92886 USA