On Thursday, July 12, 2012 2:33:39 PM UTC-7, Al Poulin wrote:

> Do we blame low bandwidth DSL or the Mac?
>
> A member of our Mac user group says her machine is getting slower to
> websites and has "YouTube videos stopping and restarting all the
> time." Apparently, there are no other performance problems.

 I would venture: neither.
I've found that when things slow up when they were previously fine, then
it's the addition of AdBlock Plus.
Sometimes ClickToFlash and Block PopUps will set the beach ball spinning
where it hadn't been before.
Or maybe another newly added app.
Or did she set her videos to run at higher/highest resolution? That'll
bollox it up as well.
Also, throw more RAM into it.