My 24" 2.8ghz w/4gigs ram iMac running 10.5.8, which I purchased from Smalldog
in November 2011, is doing something really annoying! The window that comes up
when I turn the machine off is continually popping up, asking am I sure I want
to shut my computer down now... When I am in the middle of doing something.
When I hit cancel, it pops up again at rapid & decreasing intervals till it
stays on thru 4 or 5 clicks of the cancel button, then it will stay off several
minutes till it starts the same irritating cycle over again. This sometimes
happens very frequently, but sometimes will not happen for a couple of days. It
also makes noise, quite bothersome when listening to music or playing a movie.
I posted this on the LEM imac list back in march when it first started
happening, & the only response  got was that  might have a stuck on-off
switch... personally  think it may be software related since it did not
manifest itself untill i found out that my
 wife had been snooping on my computer to see if there was any porn on it...
There wasn't. My wife is NOT very computer literate, even though she has been
using one since we got a PM 6500 years ago. Later  found out she had fooled
around with iChat (which I don't use), & iTunes ( which like everyone else I DO
use). Any suggestions, or am I going to have to back up, wipe & reformat then
re-install???  I do not have install disks.

Ben Kernan:  24"I-Mac 4/2.8/700, graphite g-4 1gig/400/52, iPad 2/64/wifi,
iPhone 4gs/64 - Dedicated Mac user since 1990