On Sep 10, 2012, at 7:33 AM, Christopher Satterfield wrote:

> One thing worth trying is a RAM test, my Dual 1.8 GHz G5 felt overly slow
> (felt like Leopard on a 400 MHz G4-I did that once), and the cause was I had
> a failed ram module. I'm not sure of a tool for Mac, I just stuck the ram
> into a PC and ran Memtest86.

Uhh, that would be....Memtest :-)

<http://www.command-tab.com/2008/01/11/how-to-test-ram-under-mac-os-x/>

Applejack will install (you have to select it via Options at install time)
Memtext and if you use the topsekrit 'X' command (it's only mentioned in the
readme and who ever reads readmes? :-) on running Applejack you'll get an
option to test the memory.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona