I just bought a new 2T external drive to use for my iMac back up. I use
SuperDuper to back up and of course, Time Machine. So at least 2 partitions.
Now throw this into the mix: TechToolPro.

Micromat suggests I make an edrive of TTP to use as a start up drive. ( From
Micromat: Note that the eDrive is a preferable option to the DVD (for 10.6,
which I am using), being faster, more functional, and easier to update. Because
it appears that Apple is no longer going to update the boot DVD that we use,
the eDrive will be more compatible moving forward.)

Micromat suggested that I make a partition on my internal drive for the edrive.
But wouldn't I have to erase the whole drive and start over?

So, how large should the partitions be for a SuperDuper back up (I have a 500
gig hard drive), Time machine and TechToolPro edrive?

I am also wondering if I should add a 4th partition and leave it blank for
future use.

Jane