Never mind, 5 minutes after I posted this I found a solution. Well, a
partial solution anyway. I had been trying a number of Logitech and
Microsoft mice with the Mac and none of them would work. Finally, I decided
to try a Genuine Apple(tm) Mouse - and it worked. I guess the M$ mouse
driver on the Mac got corrupted and was interfering with any non-Apple
mouse. Just a guess though...it's been a very strange couple of days.

Thanks anyway,

Eric

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 12:10 AM, Eric Volker <evol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a mid-2007 aluminum 24" Intel iMac with Mountain Lion loaded. One
> day it simply refused to recognize the USB mouse or keyboard. A reboot
> fixed the keyboard problem (currently using Mouse Keys), but the mouse
> remained unresponsive. Upon further investigation, I found that no USB
> mouse would work in any port, on the back of the iMac or in the keyboard.
> The red LED on the bottom of the mouse comes on, but the pointer will not
> move, nor will any clicks register. The keyboard seems to work regardless
> of which port it's plugged into. It is also constantly prompting to install
> a Bluetooth mouse. There are some pending updates which we can't install
> because Mouse Keys doesn't seem to function on the update install screen.
>
> This is one of the strangest Mac problems I've run into. I've tried
> resetting PRAM, but that didn't do any good. Is there anything else I
> should try? Will a Bluetooth mouse actually work?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eric

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "iMac
Group" group.
to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.