They will always do what they were originally designed to do. And that was
enough for us then. Have we changed all that much? These vintage iMacs are
little gems. I cringe when I read dismissive comments about them. But
then--I am a collector. And maybe that is where they belong--in a
collection.

But not simply thrown on a pile.

Just my ruminations...jb

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 3:35 PM, David Parks <
magnanimous.comput...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In my humble opinion you are going to spend a lot of time and energy
> playing with that SNOW Mac and not get a reasonable return on your
> investment. I have 3 in my basement that were my kids when they were
> little. OS9 served them well even though it was dated then. I installed
> Linux on one and that kept it alive for a little longer but I eventually
> put them on the shelf next to my Apple IIe gear.
>
> I may pull them down and do something else when I have spare time but you
> can pick up an older iMac for a little of nothing. My oldest iMac is a 5.1
> and it is stuck on Snow Leopard.  Even at that it is good enough (Dual
> Core) for my High Schoolers to get things done.
>
> If you just want the challenge of putting OSX on that MAC, then go for it
> but I don't think you will get too much out of it.  I still have my
> original IBM PC somewhere in my basement but outside of trying to get it to
> run an original copy of Windows...It is going to be DOS all the way.
>
> Good Luck! :)

> ---
> "iMac Group" group.
> email to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "iMac
Group" group.
to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.