I usually use Exact Audio Copy (PC only) as it works very hard to make an exact
bit by bit copy of the data on the disk. Works pretty well but some disks won't
rip on EAC either...

Russell Courtenay

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 4, 2017, at 3:12 PM, Bill Spencer <wspen...@jhu.edu> wrote:
>
> Doesn't play in iTunes. But I put it in my wife's older iMac and it imported
> into her iTunes fine (if slowly) so I just copied the files across and I
> guess I'm okay. Should probably burn a new disc just on principle. Thanks!
>
>> On Saturday, February 4, 2017 at 3:51:46 PM UTC-5,
>> joh...@pharmacy.arizona.edu wrote:
>>
>> > On Feb 4, 2017, at 6:39 AM, William Spencer <wspen...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi there: I recently bought a used CD that plays fine in the car and
>> > through the stereo, but when I try to import it into iTunes, the import
>> > always fails about 80% of the way through. Any thoughts on why, and how to
>> > fix the problem? Thanks!
>>
>> I'm not sure, I’ve run across a couple CD’s like that; some error in the
>> encoding or disk damage that the players skip over but iTunes can’t. I've
>> got a couple others where the imported songs skip between tracks and back
>> during playback.
>>
>> Does it play in iTunes? Maybe try importing it first via Audacity thence
>> into iTunes? Make a disk image of it and see if THAT imports?
>>
>> --
>> Bruce Johnson
>> University of Arizona
>> College of Pharmacy
>> Information Technology Group
>>
>> Institutions do not have opinions, merely customs

> ---
> "iMac Group" group.
> email to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "iMac
Group" group.
to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.