I played around with the Imail Client, couldn't get access to the accounts from there either. Couldn't even send e-mail to these accounts I had set up. Only after changing the database option to the Imail database was i able to set up a user account that worked. Of course this presents a problem because I would like to use the external database not so we can use this as a central registration database.
 
Thanks Sam
-----Original Message-----
From: Len Conrad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sunday, September 12, 1999 3:07 AM
Subject: Re: [IMail Forum] web messaging login errors

virtual domains also. When I tried to login using the web messaging system I get  Login Failed

Have you verified that smtp/POP3 delivery/pickup works for an account where Web login fails?

After sending at least one smtp msg to an account, is the account's directory created under the correct directory for the virtual domain?

Does the user show up in :

Imailadmin:localsystem:virtualhosts:somevirtualhost:users ??

>suggestions would be appreciated. The web messaging aspect of imail is why we want to use this product.

Then make sure you get the 5.07 patch because, from the release notes:

- WEB MESSAGING
- Corrected 2 crashes.
- Improved response on the console.

ftp://ftp.ipswitch.com/ipswitch/product_support/imail/imail507.exe


Len

Reply via email to