I still don't know what the problem is with the external database. It would seem to me that if using the Administrator to create the accounts actually puts the info into the database that the rest should work. Has anyone used the external database feature and gotten it to work so I know I am not on a dead trail.
One other thing I was under the impression that the database was supposed to be a access database, I am using a Access 2000 database could this be the problem?
 
Sam
-----Original Message-----
From: Len Conrad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sunday, September 12, 1999 3:51 AM
Subject: Re: [IMail Forum] web messaging login errors

Sam,
Ok, then the pb is not that Web Messaging login is failing (that's a symptom), but that your Imail accounts in your external database aren't doing the right thing, imo.  Get that working and everything else should fall into place.

Len

====================


I played around with the Imail Client, couldn't get access to the accounts from there either. Couldn't even send e-mail to these accounts I had set up. Only after changing the database option to the Imail database was i able to set up a user account that worked. Of course this presents a problem because I would like to use the external database not so we can use this as a central registration database.

Reply via email to