> This  is  off-topic, but we got this message (see below) regarding a
> web  site  we  host. I can't make heads or tails of it. I search the
> web  and  looked  at  the relevant explanations and they still don't
> make sense. It's one of those things where if you already understand
> it,  what  you're  saying  makes  sense.  But  if  you don't already
> understand  it,  you're not going to learn. Can anyone explain it to
> me?

Mediacom has begun allocating IPs in 173.0.0.0/8 to its customers.

At  least one of your upstream routers has that source network blocked
as  known-bogus -- which it was until early this year, when IANA freed
it  up  for use by Mediacom and other providers.

Legitimate  traffic  can  now  originate  from  that  network, but the
routers in question are not getting dynamic updates to the bogon list.
They  are  still  stuck  with  a  list  that  predates  the  Feb  2008
"legitimization"  of  that  network.  So  they still block the traffic
based on having an illegitimate source.

The question is, as BC Web, do you maintain your own routing equipment
all  the  way  up  the  line to the Net at large -- or do you get your
uplink  from  a  datacenter  or ISP, with a managed router? The answer
will determine who has to fix the router(s).

--Sandy

Sanford Whiteman, Chief Technologist
Broadleaf Systems, a division of
Cypress Integrated Systems, Inc.
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

SpamAssassin plugs into Declude!
  http://www.imprimia.com/products/software/freeutils/SPAMC32/download/release/

Defuse Dictionary Attacks: Turn Exchange or IMail mailboxes into IMail Aliases!

http://www.imprimia.com/products/software/freeutils/exchange2aliases/download/release/

http://www.imprimia.com/products/software/freeutils/ldap2aliases/download/release/