]>We use non-stateful packet filtering at our border routers because
]>stateful filters won't work there - in & outbound packets might go
]>through different links. I suspect anyone with multiple border routers
]>will have to consider this condition.
]
]Circular routing is always a tough issue to deal with, especially when BGP
]peering with multiple Internet providers.  That's why it is best to either
]have all of you Internet circuits connected to the same router (keeping the
]second router as a hot spare) and running "inspection" on that router.  As

We use multiple border routers with links through multiple providers in
order to mantain a "no single point of failure" policy. Where needed and
where it is less critical we also put firewalls in place between this outer
shell and some subnets - and we hide critical stuff altogether and/or put it
on private networks.

Someday, it would be nice to have some workable protocols for extending
inspection across multiple routers - but I can see that's a tough nut to
crack. Some day when I have more time I'll see about tackling that one,
right after I get done with curing the common cold.

%^b

_M