Fax to email.  Email to Fax.

  Where to start?
  What are people using?
  Does it really save money?
  Is Imail good at this?

  I am at google now.  But if someone has
  links or ideas please let me know.  Thanks.
are you just curious or do you have client request for this service?

The quality of the fax side of the faxmodem is the key component, old Courriers (not Sportsters) and Zyxels were the best.

Like the Imail list server, the fax service is pretty lightweight and has not been updated in features for years, afaik. As a simple little service, it probably serves well.

But if you want to build an email-to-fax or fax-server business on it, probably not prudent. there are dedicated fax servers around.

Len