I have found that GotomyPc seems to work well in a situation like this.
It is a monthly charge, but it works without any changes to the firewalls.

Bruce

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Troy Hilton
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 9:40 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [IMail Forum] Way OT: Looking for Remote Administrator
software

I wish I could setup a VPN but I have NO control over the remote firewall.
It ain't my company. And I'm not certain that I'll be able to get them to
open things up a bit to allow me to remote control into a laptop on their
network. This is why I've been asked to find something that doesn't require
firewall changes to work. In my thinking though, I have to punch a hole
somewhere in order to have incoming communications.

Troy