-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Sanford Whiteman
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 1:36 AM
To: L. Kaminski - MDS
Subject: Re: [IMail Forum] Delivery failed 10 attempts: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Lately,  some  spam messages have been failing delivery to root-bulk
> (log  snippet and message header below). Could this occur when while
> the  spam  message arrives another process is deleting old root-bulk
> messages  using  immsgexp.exe  thus  locking the file?

It  sure could, but not 10 times (unless you're constantly aging out a
huge file).

> If  this  is in fact the cause, can someone recommend another way of
> maintaining the root-bulk folder?

Rename  it  nightly  to YYYYMMDD.MBX and prune from there accordingly.
It's  never  good  to  run  cleanup on "archive"-sized MBX files while
they're in production.

--Sandy

------------------------------------
Sanford Whiteman, Chief Technologist
Broadleaf Systems, a division of
Cypress Integrated Systems, Inc.
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

SpamAssassin plugs into Declude!

http://www.mailmage.com/products/software/freeutils/SPAMC32/download/release
/

Defuse Dictionary Attacks: Turn Exchange Addresses into IMail Aliases!

http://www.mailmage.com/products/software/freeutils/exchange2aliases/downloa
d/release/