I had posted:
****************
>RHBLs are a method of locking them out just like a door lock, a tool to
keep
>them out. There is no comparison between locking out spammers and attacking
>the URL that is mentioned within the spam.

Then Len said:
that wasn't the comparison I was making.  There was a worry about DDoS and
collateral damage causing collapse of companies and the world economy, aka,
Chicken Little FUD. I brought in RBLs as also having blocked legit sites,
and we/internet has learned to handle/live with that, as we will with DDoS.

And, RBL is very much a distributed DoS, denying mail delivery service by
the block IP to all MXs subscribing to the RBL.