On Wed, 4 Oct 2006, Tim Mooney wrote:
> As you discovered, answering "n" to the "Do you want to build with IPv6 > anyway?" cancels the build and does a clean.
That was what was confusing me.  I guess I expected that when I answered
"n", the build would proceed.  Even having it issue some additional
text similar to "Cannot proceed with this target without IPv6" might
help.

If it makes you feel any better, "even monkey falls from trees" as the Japanese say -- I got confused by this myself once! The motivatation was consistancy with the other "are you sure" messages for SSL/TLS, in which an "n" stops the build.

> Fortunately, there is a way to force IPv4 building, even on a build which is > forced to IPv6. That's done by setting IP6=4, that is:
>    make lrh IP6=4
Thanks for the tip.

I know that this is a kludge, but it's what I was stuck with using the current c-client build framework. It will be changing in the future.

-- Mark --

http://panda.com/mrc