On Thu, 5 Oct 2006, Mark Crispin wrote:

Notice that the USER capability is missing. This is why your dinosaur clients can not log in. You evidentally have a different binary installed than what you think you have.

Duh, thanks..

Same size binaries; similar date - guess I got confused.

I've been trying to get my head around all the encryption and authentication possibilities now in IMAP, POP and SMTP (sendmail). I'm not entirely convinced we are more secure now; it sure ain't simple, and you know what they say about complex systems and bugs...

I guess I'll add a vote for the mailutil-creating-split-mix-boxes, too.
I did one by hand with Pine but it's hardly scalable

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
Tel. +1 (604) 222-7376  (Pacific Time)