Mark Crispin wrote:
On Wed, 18 Oct 2006, Erik Kangas wrote:
I would like to run POP and IMAP on ports other than 993 and 995 for SSL. I would like to know what is the best way to patch uw imapd to do ssl (vs insecure / TLS) specifically on a different port?

Give the alternative binary a name that starts with "s", e.g., "sslimapd", and run it by that name from [x]inetd.

This is failing because imap seems to look under /usr/certs for pem files with the same name prefix as itself. So, this means I need to duplicate all my pem files to have additional ones with the new imap server name prefix. I can obviously fix this, but:

* Is there a way around that to keep things as simple as possible?
* I assume the same nomenclature applies to ipop3d
* Are there other things that depend on the name of the file?

Thank you,

-Erik Kangas
-- Mark --

http://panda.com/mrc