Fred Seaton wrote:

> Mark,
>
> In reference to:
> <http://mailman1.u.washington.edu/pipermail/imap-uw/2006-October/0007
> 65.html>
>
> Is there a "make" option for imap-2006 that would generate shared
> libraries (.so)?  I thought that maybe adding "EXTRACFLAGS=-fPIC" might
> do it, but it didn't (however, I'm no expert in doing this).

No, there is no option.

FWIW there is a good guide at :

        http://www.tekwire.net/joomla/building/apache/comp_apache_sol9.htm

I didn't follow the instructions literally (I think there where some typos at
the time I read them), I just did:

#  gcc -shared -o libc-client.so *.o -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -R/usr/local/ssl/lib
-lssl -lcrypto -lsocket -lnsl -ldl -lz

of course after building uw-imap with EXTRACFLAGS=-fPIC (otherwise linking the
library will not work).

--
René Berber