Mark Crispin writes:

> The problems you report are not the known 64-bit issues.  The known 64-bit
> issues are pointer alignment issues which show up at runtime.  We're not
> even at that point in troubleshooting yet.

        I compiled 2006i normally on my first 64-bit Linux system (CentOS
4.5), and it nominally works.  imapd compiled as a 64-bit binary.

        But remembering the above, I was wondering - should I run 64-bit?  Or
should I use -m32 to compile as 32-bit?  And if so, why isn't 32-bit the
default?  And why is nothing mentioned in the docs/ files?

        Or am I missing something (besides sleep?)

Thanks,
Steve