Hi all

What's the recommended way to move a Unix INBOX to mbx format so that POP3 clients (with "keep messages on server for # days") don't download duplicates the next time they connect?

When IMAP clients connect the first time after the conversion, there is a small delay as the mailbox is reindexed (?) but it works fine. However when a POP3 client with "keep messages on the server" connects, it downloads every (read) message again, creating duplicates.

I've tried mailutil create/copy/move with #driver.mbx/INBOX mailbox, either leaving the mbx Inbox empty or copying/moving the messages from the Unix mailbox. In any case POP3 gets duplicates.

Any way around that? (some POP3 users sometimes use IMAP-based webmail so we want to keep what they have in their Inbox)

Using uwimap-2006h.

Thanks

Oscar del Rio
University of Toronto