> Please let me know as soon as possible which of these results you
> experienced:
>   . test1 has the hanging problem
>   . test1 does NOT have the hanging problem, but test2 has the hanging
>      problem
>   . neither test1 nor test2 have the hanging problem

I'm compiling test1 now. Considering it took 2 weeks for this problem to
first show up after installing Aug 16 2006k snapshot though I'm not sure
how long to give it. Also, I stopped running 2006h a long time ago. I kept
up with the 2006i and 2006j releases, and tracked the 2006k snapshots as
soon as 2006j2 was withdrawn.

So if this problem is related to, for instance, a 2006i change, I might
be waiting a while for it to show itself again.

Perhaps it would be better to keep my current installation and work with
the user to reproduce the problem first? If I get it reproducing
consistently I can test it with these two new tarballs.

Cheers,

        - Joel