Hi Steve -

Hope you're doing OK in spite of everything going on.

There was a patch to tmail.c itself, along with some patches to the
c-client library.  I forget if those patches were important for tmail or
just imapd.

At least one of the imapd patches is important; it makes the
.BounceMail file inaccessible via IMAP since otherwise a user can
extend his grace period indefinitely by deleting that file.

More importantly, tquota.c was broken as of my last edits.  I made a
modification at Dave W's behest on May 16-19, but they didn't test it
until the morning of May 20, and we know what also happened that day.
My understanding is that they rolled back to an earlier binary.  It was
too late by the time that I found out

I left a note with Jeff and Mike about the issue.

I noticed that the file dates were after that time, so perhaps you fixed
that bug.  If you didn't, be advised that tquota.c is known to be broken.
The bug is probably something stupid and simple, such as a single
inverted test.  I forget what the bug was, and this is the first that I've
even seen this code in 5 months.

Is UW still using any of this stuff?  I thought that the whole big thing
was to move everybody off IMAP/POP to Exchange and/or "the cloud".

-- Mark --

http://panda.com/mrc