I have a situation that I need to get a list of UIDs in a range but I have no
idea how many UIDs is
in that range. I can't just request all of the UIDs in a range since there might be thousands of UIDs and I can't give the impression that the application isn't doing anything while I wait for the UIDs to be retrieved.

What I'm looking for is that I can give a starting UID and say I want 25 UIDs. Then I can keep calling that until I know that I have all of the UID based on the number of messages in the IMAP folder. Is there such a thing?

I know you give a UID range, as in "UID:UID-25" and that might give you up to 25 UIDs or 0, but all I know is that the "NEXTUID" is a very large value and it's time consuming to have to keep calling the server for every UID that doesn't exist.

I'm currently calling mail_search_full to get the list of UIDs, either "1:NEXTUID" or "LASTUID:NEXTUID", so obviously, "1:NEXTUID" can be very time consuming depending on how many messages is in the folder.

Regards,
Shawn