Hello everybody,

when I log into a imap mail server from two different linux hosts -- via php
imap extension based on c-client --, one of the hosts throws the following
message:

Retrying PLAIN authentication after Login failed. (errflg=1)
Retrying PLAIN authentication after Login failed.
Can not authenticate to IMAP server: Login failed. (errflg=2)

When I connect with mtest from the host that throws the messages, I get no
error message when connecting to the mailbox using the same (remote) mailbox
string of the form:

{example.com/novalidate-cert}INBOX

Any suggestions about what causes this message?

Best Regards,

Oliver Block