Hi all,

I'm creating an IMAP "backup app" which basicaly fetches all mails and
dumps them to a Maildir. I'm using UW's c-client as the IMAP interface
API. I've been wrestling with a weird bug for some time now, and since
I can't find a solution I'm turning to this list.

When calling mail_fetchtext(), some messages return an incomplete
string. I've only witnessed this on attachments, they're truncated to
only a couple of bytes (like 60 bytes). If I use mail_fetchbody() for
the section where the mail was truncated, I do get the complete
string.

It always happens on the same mails, and they are truncated to exactly
the same amount, yet I can't find a common cause. Some mails are
fetched succesfully with attachments of up to 8MB, while some
problematic mails are less than that, so size is not the issue. It's
not a NULL-character issue because the truncation also happens in
base64 encoded strings.

Any ideas what might be causing it and how I could fix it? I'd rather
not use mail_fetchbody() because of the added overhead in glueing the
parts together again afterwards.

Thanks,
David

--
If automobiles had followed the same development cycle as the
computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per