On Tue, 16 Mar 2010, Bob Atkins wrote:
As those who went down the maildir path (with another
imap server) have painfully discovered - directories with too many
inodes are very slow to search. mix is a great balance between not too
many inodes and keeping file sizes and linear search runs to a minimum.

Interesting.  I have had acolytes of the maildir church scream that I
don't know what I am talking about when I said that there was a scaling
issue with directories with too many inodes.

FWIW, the same issue happens with mh and Cyrus.

-- Mark --

http://panda.com/mrc