thanks for your replies. I do not remember at this point how it was compiled. I do remember that I used the redhat variant. I will look at upgrading/changing to another imap process. I was curious because one of my users is complaining that they are not getting emails. I checked the mail system and it is processing her email and populating the inbox. She is not seeing them in the client [ MS Outlook ]. I have not done any investigating pass this point, but it seems that Outlook really has a problem with imap.

thanks,
jerry