Mark Crispin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> There are worse consequences.
> The result is that the flag changes are lost.

Good point.

> The only excuse for a client not to send a proper LOGOUT is if the client
> crashes.  The LOGOUT command is in the protocol for a reason, and that reason
> was not cosmetic.

I don't agree. For example, if I'm being told to quit just after I've sent
a SEARCH (not SEARCH UNSEEN, a real search), IMO I have a decent excuse
not to wait for SEARCH/LOGOUT to complete.

> You should send a LOGOUT command, and wait for the response.

I'm aware that sending logout and waiting for the response is desirable,
and try to do it.

The question is: If I have reason to believe that I won't be able to wait
for the response, should I nevertheless send LOGOUT? I now think the best
answer is yes, and will add the necessary line of code.

>  If LOGOUT takes
> a while, then it is doing something, such as saving user updates.  You really
> don't want to cause the server to get a SIGKILL while it is doing such.

Agreed.

--Arnt