On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Jay Klesitz wrote:
> Hi, I am running the imapd linux binary.
> - Is there any specific startup parameters? or config files it must read?
> - It isn't listening on any ports, thus I am unable to connect to it.

Did you read the installation instructions for imapd?  imapd does not do
any TCP listening.  It runs under inetd.

If you were not supplied with installation instructions, get the UW source
distribution:
        ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/mail/imap.tar.Z
for complete source including installation instructions.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc