On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:
>Andreas Aardal Hanssen writes:
>> What happens if the alternative UIDVALIDITY log file gets messed up?
>If the server's persistent storage is messed up, every guarantee breaks.
>One example among dozens: If the server's UIDNEXT storage is
>hand-edited, the "UID grows" guarantee is broken.

Exactly - so if you set the time on your computer, do you agree that
conditions may be broken?

I guess everyone's experienced the screensaver suddenly popping up, or
anacron / cron going haywire. CVS doesn't detect changes to your
depository and "make" doesn't build correctly anymore.

So when we discuss RENAME, we can't start with "what-ifs" that don't apply
exclusively to IMAP.

Andy

--
Andreas Aardal Hanssen - Binc IMAP