Hi,

On 01/01/04 15:03:44 -0800 Mark Crispin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Thu, 1 Jan 2004, Christof Drescher wrote:
..or you fail the fetch command for C1, forcing C1 to catch up!

In my opinion, it is acceptable client behavior to react to a NO response from a valid FETCH command with "Server bug detected. Please report this bug to your server administrator. Your mail has probably been corrupted on the server."

Put another way: responding NO to a valid FETCH command is bad juju.
Clients don't expect it.  Don't do it.

hmm. But as Christof pointed out sending NO to FETCH response is endorsed somewhat by rfc2180 in section 4.1.1. I would expect clients to be able to handle this.

I don't think we need a nother pleasenop extension or similar though.
Educating client vendors to  NOOP often enough and getting server vendors
to sends expunge responses at the earliest possible time is propably
time much better spent.

Greetings
Christian

--
Christian Kratzer                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CK Software GmbH                        http://www.cksoft.de/