Timo Sirainen writes:
On Fri, 2004-01-02 at 11:10, Christian Kratzer wrote:
hmm. But as Christof pointed out sending NO to FETCH response is endorsed somewhat by rfc2180 in section 4.1.1. I would expect clients to be able to handle this.

Maybe someone could check how most commonly used clients behave with NO vs. BYE? Those are really the only options for most legacy mail stores which don't support delayed expunging.

BYE is simple. All the clients that work well with UW-imapd handle it. A client doesn't know whether the BYE happened because another client sent SELECT or because another client sent EXPUNGE and other conditions apply.

NO needs testing. But I'm lazy and won't do it.

--Arnt