On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Tim Showalter wrote:
> I never thought about a.b c.d, but if I had, I would have made it do a.b.c.d,
> not a.c.d.  It might be worth fixing.  I don't understand why a.c.d would be
> desirable (doesn't a/b c/d => a/b/c/d on UW?).

a/b c/d => a/c/d in UW imapd.

This is based upon the idea of a reference being a context to interpret
c/d as opposed to necessarily a connected directory, e.g. perhaps a.b is
the current selected mailbox and the user wants to open a parallel c/d .

If the user wanted a connected directory, he should have done a/b/ .

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.