On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, Tim Showalter wrote:
> I'm sure that we should recommend a.b c.d NOT evaluate to a.bc.d, which
> strikes me as never the right thing.  I hope we can at least remove that
> recommendation, but leave the "implementation-defined" language in place, and
> perhaps the a.b.c.d example.

Suggestion: since David has talking about doing a LIST recommendations
document, perhaps this should be passed to him and his document?  Thus
making it not a base specification issue.

Am I correct in believing that we have concensus in recommending that,
giving a hierarchy delimiter of "/", that
        tag LIST a/b c/d
SHOULD resolve to a/b/c/d or a/c/d, but not a/bc/d?

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.