Hello,

I'd like to use the UW IMAPd as the server for my proprietal data backend which supports public boards, (un)read bits, private mail, etc.
The platform is Linux.

I downloaded current stable (imap-2002e) and studied the code and the docs. Then I took simple driver mbox.c as a template, and rewrote it a little. After some bugs and mistakes it seems that I'm on the beginning of the right way to accomplish that.

I tried to prevent using of all other drivers by erasing envvars EXTRADRIVERS and DEFAULTDRIVERS in the Makefile, this way also "dummy" was removed from the linkage.c list. Also, I forced my new driver in the mail_valid() routine in the mail.c.

This does not seem to work - other drivers are not disabled. When the imap client sends for example 'create "/home/me/somefile"', then the somefile in my home is really created (by the "unix" driver?).

As I can see it, good solution would be to completely prevent imapd's disk access except for my own driver and its linkage to the c library of the backend. Is that wise? If so, what is the best (and minimal source modifying) way to do this?

Second question: Is is enough to disable all existing drivers if I want to disable c-client's disk access?

Thank you in advance,

Vlada