On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Vlada Macek wrote:
I tried to prevent using of all other drivers by erasing envvars EXTRADRIVERS and DEFAULTDRIVERS in the Makefile, this way also "dummy" was removed from the linkage.c list. Also, I forced my new driver in the mail_valid() routine in the mail.c.

Disabling the dummy driver is a bad idea, unless your driver implements all the services of the dummy driver.

This does not seem to work - other drivers are not disabled. When the imap client sends for example 'create "/home/me/somefile"', then the somefile in my home is really created (by the "unix" driver?).

Does your driver implement a create method? Did you set DEFAULTPROTO?

As I can see it, good solution would be to completely prevent imapd's disk access except for my own driver and its linkage to the c library of the backend. Is that wise?

It's not supported, which means that for the most part you are on your own. Whether doing that is "wise" or not is up to you.

Please send any future questions about this to the comp.mail.imap newsgroup and/or the [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list. The [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list is for discussions about the IMAP protocol and not for software questions about any particular implementation. Thank you!

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.