>>As an aside, I disapprove of the practices of mailboxes under INBOX and Trash mailboxes.
>>IMAP does not prohibit either of these practices, but these practices are associated with
>>substantial client and user confusion.

Mark, would you expand on this a little, please? I am currently looking at a situation with Thunderbird. When one asks it to delete an IMAP mailbox, it tries to do so by moving it to the Trash. (I.e. using RENAME mailbox Trash/mailbox). This is a problem because some servers do not (and cannot) support a rename that has the effect of moving the mailbox within the hierarchy.

Pete Maclean