I’m using the JavaMail API.

Is the RFC822.SIZE what is returned in the MimeMessage.getSize() method?

Do I need to perform some other call or calculation to get exact size?

I ask, because if I save a mime message to the disk, then read it into the MimeMessage class, the size on the disk is different than the size reported by getSize().  I’m just wondering if this is expected.

I searched the newsgroup, and there are lots of postings about estimating the RFC822.SIZE.  I DON’T want to estimate, I want to be sure I’m return the exact size.

Thanks in advance.

David Truckenmiller <> [EMAIL PROTECTED] <> Stellent <> 425-896-7047