"David Truckenmiller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I ask, because if I save a mime message to the disk, then read it into
> the MimeMessage class, the size on the disk is different than the size
> reported by getSize().  I'm just wondering if this is expected.

The size assreported in RFC822.SIZE should be the number of bytes when
the message is represented in RFC822 format - notably, CRLF line
endings, not just LF.  So if getSize() gives you (size on disk +
number of lines), and the message is stored with just LF line endings
on disk, then getSize() is what you want.

paul