On May 12, Gozde Ozbal <gozba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just wanted to let you know that after increasing my RAM capacity,
> I am now able to import all movie data in only 190 minutes :)

Much better. :-)

> I still receive the incorrect string value warnings although I have
> changed mysql conf file to use utf8 as mentioned in the document
> that you have mentioned.

That's not good; I'd try to fix these, too.
Do you have an example of the text of one of the warnings?

> 1) downloading every file on imdb interface and running IMDbPY script
> at the end of each week (that will certainly be more accurate but
> time consuming)

After that you have to identify which ones are new.
That's not easy as it seems, since movies can change titles (while
still in production but even after release).
Maybe you can check the release dates to see which movies are about
to be released, but I'm not sure it will suit your needs.

> 2) Properly crawling http://www.imdb.com/nowplaying/ or
> http://italian.imdb.com/Recent/

>From there you can parse titles/movieID pairs, check if the
title is "new to you" and fetch its data if needed.

> Please, let me know if you have any other idea than those two.

Probably fetching a list on the web is the best solution: I don't
know if these lists are complete, but look exactly what you need.

Bye and good luck for you thesis!

--
Davide Alberani <davide.alber...@gmail.com> [GPG KeyID: 0x465BFD47]
http://erlug.linux.it/~da/