On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 07:13, Michael Grier <mr.michael.gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I found this out by using the moviedb-3.24 programs.
>
> If you url encode the entire original movie line from movies.list...
> for example, on an episode:

Yes, it's the old search system and more or less what it used to be the "Exact
Primary search" feature of IMDb.
Until some years ago, using a special key in the query, it was possible to do
a strict search for a match (getting back the searched page if and only
if an exact match existed, or an error page otherwise, if I recall correctly).
By now, that key is gone: at the time, IMDbPY used it to convert from
title/names to IDs.

What's "wrong" with your query is that it doesn't work for titles or names
containing what we call an imdbIndex (the roman number after the name/title,
to distinguish between homonyms).
E.g., try to search for "Gibson Mel (I)":
  http://www.imdb.com/Name?Gibson+Mel+%28I%29

it doesn't present you the page of Mel Columcille Gerard Gibson, but just
a list of people named Mel Gibson or something similar.

Now, the message of Petite Abeille seems to contradict me somehow,
so I suppose I've to do some tests. :-)

Bye!

--
Davide Alberani <davide.alber...@gmail.com>  [PGP KeyID: 0x465BFD47]