On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Valerio Marra <valerio.ma...@me.com> wrote:

> I am a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Heidelberg, Germany. My
> collaborators and I would like to study the distributions of user ratings of
> movies in the IMDb. If I understood correctly the IMDbPY package is able to
> extract such information.

Sure, but these information are also available in more easier ways to
obtain/parse.
See the plain text data files made available from IMDb:
http://www.imdb.com/interfaces

Specifically, you need the ratings.list.gz file, which contains movie
names, votes, number of votes and even votes distribution.

HTH; let me know if you need more info about IMDbPY.

--
Davide Alberani <davide.alber...@gmail.com>  [PGP KeyID: 0x465BFD47]
http://www.mimante.net/